Information and Resources
America’s Animal Factories: How States Fail to Prevent Pollution from Livestock Waste
This Natural Resources Defense Council report describes the environmental and public health impacts of pollution generated by factory farms. Includes activist contacts and resources.
Provides state legislative information along with documents related to state and local government. (Washburn University School of Law)
US Farms – State Fact Sheets
Links for each state, with current information about farm size, financial status, rural employment, land use, and more. (USDA)
Water Quality in the Mississippi Embayment, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky 1995-98
Water quality assessment reports from the US Geological Survey.
State and Local Government
- County Links for Tennessee
- Tennessee Air Quality Division
- Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Tennessee Division of Natural Heritage
- Tennessee Department of Health
- Tennessee Water Quality Division
Works to educate the Alabama and Tennessee communities about Sand Mountain and to stop the operation of corporate hog farms.
NPDES Permit Regulations