This report from the Natural Resources Defense Council examines the environmental and public health impacts of pollution from industrial livestock farms. Includes activist contacts and resources.
Analysis of specific impacts of a hog processing facility as well as preliminary conclusions about the key impact issues facing the community. (Mt. Auburn Associates, August 25, 2000)
Provides state legislative information along with documents related to state and local government. (Washburn University School of Law)
Links for each state, with current information on farm size, financial status, rural employment, land use, and more. (USDA)
Water Quality in the Mississippi Embayment, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky 1995-98
Water quality assessment reports from the US Geological Survey.
State and Local Government
- County Links for Mississippi
- Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
- Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
- Mississippi Department of Public Health and Environment
- Mississippi State Engineer’s Office