Information and Resources
This Natural Resources Defense Council report describes the environmental and public health impacts of pollution generated by factory farms. Includes activist contacts and resources.
Executive Summaries of the environmental issues facing Kansas.
Measures groundwater levels in wells across Kansas to determine depletion rates of the Ogallala and other aquifers.
Provides state legislative information along with documents related to state and local government. (Washburn University School of Law)
Links for each state, with current information about farm size, financial status, rural employment, land use, and more. (USDA)
State and Local Government
- County Links for Kansas
- Kansas Bureau of Air and Radiation
- Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Kansas Forest Service
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
- KDHE Division of Environment
- Kansas Bureau of Water
- Livestock Waste Management Permitting System – Organized within the Kansas Department of Health and Environment Bureau of Water
Statutes and Regulations for Livestock Waste Management Programs – Online copies of selected Kansas statutes and administrative regulations for the regulation of livestock waste management. (Kansas Department of Health and Environment)