Information and Resources
A collaborative effort of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, and the Georgia Department of Agriculture, AWARE works to facilitate awareness of animal waste issues to research scientists, Extension personnel, industry representatives, and producers and to serve as a catalyst for providing economically and environmentally sound waste utilization solutions to Georgia’s animal production industry.
Provides state legislative information along with documents related to state and local government. (Washburn University School of Law)
Links for each state, with current information about farm size, financial status, rural employment, land use, and more. (USDA)
Water Quality in the Upper Tennessee River Basin, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia 1994-98
Water quality assessment reports from the US Geological Survey.
State and Local Government
- County Links for Georgia
- Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Georgia Environmental Protection Division
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Georgia Department of Public Health
SELC is one of the nation’s leading organizations working to bring industrial hog and poultry factory farms under strong environmental and public health controls.
- Environmental Protection Rules – Environmental rules and the corresponding laws or statutory authorizations used to protect Georgia’s environment.
- Georgia’s Animal Feeding Regulations
- Non-Swine Feeding Operation Regulations
- Swine Feeding Operation Regulations
- Rule 40-16-5 – Animal Feeding Operator Training and Certification