Information and Resources
This report from the Natural Resources Defense Council examines the environmental and public health consequences of pollution from industrial livestock farms. Includes activist contacts and resources.
Promotes and supports organic agriculture in California and elsewhere.
Provides state legislative information along with documents related to state and local government. (Washburn University School of Law)
Links for each state, with current information about farm size, financial status, rural employment, land use, and more. (USDA)
Water quality assessment report from the US Geological Survey.
State and Local Government
- California Air Resources Board
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Department of Natural Resources
- California Department of Health Services
Waste discharge requirements applicable to the owner or operator of a waste management unit for the treatment, storage, or disposal of animal waste at confined animal facilities.
Contains information about laws & regulations, including NPDES permits, and water quality issues.
- County Links for California
- Nonpoint Source (NPS) Pollution Control Program: 2012 Grant Program Guidelines
- NPS Pollution Control Program: California Management Measures for Polluted Runoff (CAMMPR)
A nonprofit member-activist organization founded in 1978. CAFF political and educational campaigns are building a movement of rural and urban people who foster family-scale agriculture that cares for the land, sustains local economies, and promotes social justice. Members are urbanites, farmers, environmentalists, rural activists, students, and anyone concerned with the social and environmental dimensions of agriculture.
- Health & Safety Code 41700: Pollution emissions
- Health & Safety Code 41701: Pollution emissions
- Health & Safety Code 41705: Agriculture exemptions from odor laws
- South Coast Air Quality Management District Rule 402: Nuisance Rule – The oldest odor emission nuisance law in the US, it covers several counties in southern California. PDF