The Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s site dedicated to providing timely planning and management information to those interested in animal waste management in Alabama. It includes the AFO/CAFO rules and other information about animal manure waste management in pdf and html format.
Summary of the Alabama Department of Environmental Management CAFO rules.
A report from the Natural Resources Defense Council which examines the environmental and health consequences of pollution from industrial livestock farms, as well as the efforts to curtail it. Includes activist contacts and resources.
Alabama’s resource for environmental news. Includes news and information, as well as links to state media outlets and over 90 environmental and public interest groups.
Documents relating to state and local government, and legislative information from Alabama to Colorado. (Washburn University School of Law)
Links for each state, with current information on farm size, financial status, rural employment, land use, and more. (USDA)
Government and Legislation
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management (DEM)
- Alabama DEM Permit Public Notices
- Alabama DEM Permit Applications – Lists of recently submitted permit applications.
- Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries
- Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama State Engineer’s Office
- County Links for Alabama
Works to educate the Alabama and Tennessee communities on Sand Mountain to stop the operation of corporate hog farms.
Works to bring industrial hog and poultry factory farms under strong environmental and public health regulation.