Need Help Stopping a Factory Farm?
Factory farms, officially called Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs), endanger human health, damage our environment, undermine our communities, and abuse animals. If you need help protecting your community from a CAFO, contact SRAP today for free assistance.
Located throughout the U.S., SRAP’s diverse team of renowned experts has the knowledge and skills needed to help communities effectively fight CAFOs. Because many of us are also independent family farmers, we understand the monumental challenges facing farming communities. We have years of experience working closely with rural communities, farmers, and ranchers to help protect them from CAFOs.
SRAP never charges fees for professional services or advice. We also recognize that no two rural communities are alike, so we tailor our services to meet your specific needs. We can help your community fend off new CAFOs and limit the expansion of existing CAFOs. If you are already suffering from the negative effects of CAFOs, we can give you the tools and expertise needed to document violations and protect your air and water. Some of our services include:
- Proven techniques for organizing your community to fight CAFOs
- Networking with other groups experienced at fighting CAFOs
- Water testing equipment and training on sampling procedures
- Air monitoring equipment and training on sampling procedures
- Fact sheets on health, environmental, and economic threats posed by CAFOs
- CAFO permit reviews by professional engineers
- Techniques for writing effective press releases
- Training on how to communicate with local decision makers
- Speakers, topics, and training for public informational meetings
- Connections to pro bono legal assistance
- Help registering as a local non-profit organization
- Social media support
- Moral support and much more
If you need our help, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 362-8303 (Toll free at 1 (844) 367 – 7727). Or, please fill out our form below. We respond quickly to all requests for assistance.